In the age of digital transformation, the maritime industry stands at the cusp of a revolutionary shift. As vessels and ports increasingly integrate automation and digital workflows into their operations, the promise of efficiency and innovation is juxtaposed with a rising tide of cyber vulnerabilities.
Varuna Marine Services BV proudly helps ship owners and technical managers understand the complexity of, and comply with, the ever-changing maritime regulatory framework. Founded by a career seafarer, the company has enjoyed sustained growth and strong customer retention.
Varuna Marine Services B.V. has been nominated for its innovative cyber security solutions and its dedication to compliance, education and awareness to enhance industry’s cyber hygiene.
Maritime transport is the backbone of international trade and the global economy. According to UNCTAD data, around 80% of global trade by volume and over 70% of global trade by value are carried by sea and handled by ports worldwide.
Developments in the field of artificial intelligence, blockchain, IoT, and automation are becoming more and more relevant for the Maritime Industry. New technologies, new ways of working, and an increasingly complex regulatory landscape create both challenges and opportunities.
Posidonia 2022 was “a series of conversations between shipowners and service providers, the class and the flag states, the associations and organizations, the design, and the innovation. A melting pot for traditions, ideas and innovations brought in by thousands of worldwide companies and professionals.”
The number of overall participants in this year’s Posidonia, including exhibitors, visitors and press, exceeded the 40,000 mark, as some 29,000 visitors from 103 countries and territories filled the exhibition and conference rooms to the brim.
Could Posidonia 2024 be even bigger and more impactful than the experience the global shipping community experienced last week at the Athens Metropolitan Expo?
For the city of The Hague, this means reducing emissions to zero by 2030. As a signatory to the Pact, Varuna Marine Services pledges to play its part in the transition to a climate-neutral city. We do so in the first place by minimizing our own carbon footprint.
“The collaboration with Varuna Marine Services will help the certification’s global spread,” explains Paolo Bray, founder and director of Friend of the Sea, “It will guarantee audit’s high performance.”
as2con has partnered with Netherlands-based Varuna Marine Services which will increase the market penetration for COMPA repairs, innovative composite patching, and overlay technology.
- All energy roads lead to decarbonization with gas as a linchpin of low-carbon transformation October 3, 2023
- Unifeeder invests in up to four methanol-powered containerships October 3, 2023
- Nauticus Robotics makes strategic acquisition October 3, 2023
- QED Naval presents its ‘tidal town’ vision to Anglesey officials October 3, 2023
- Mitsubishi Shipbuilding delivers LNG fuel gas supply system to Shin Kurushima October 3, 2023
- Cargill Faces Brazil Criminal Probe Over Amazon River Port Project October 3, 2023
- Airbus to Equip Ro-Ro with Wind-Assisted Propulsion Tech October 3, 2023
- Baltic Index Hits Over 11-Month Peak on Capesize Strength October 3, 2023
- Crowley, ABS Collaborate to Improve Augmented Reality in Maritime October 3, 2023
- FMC Dismisses ‘Unjustified’ Shipper Complaint Against MSC October 3, 2023
- Altera seals 15-year Ivory Coast FPSO and shuttle tanker FSO conversion deal with Eni October 3, 2023
- Rem Offshore wins two-year deal for one of its CSVs October 3, 2023
- New type of offshore wind vessel design revealed October 3, 2023
- Corio and TotalEnergies venture presses ahead with New Jersey offshore wind bid October 3, 2023
- Offshore wind expansion can add $111bn to UK economy by 2040 October 3, 2023
- ECOsubsea Raises $12 Million from SWEN Capital Partner’s Blue Ocean Fund October 3, 2023
- Shipping Must Manage New Financial Risks with Transition to EU ETS October 3, 2023
- Republic of the Marshall Islands Registry Mourns Captain David J.F. Bruce October 3, 2023
- Wasaline Launches Green Corridor Fridays October 3, 2023
- Approval in Principle for Methanol Superstorage Solution on Existing Ships October 3, 2023