Survey and Inspection
Varuna Marine Services has a well established worldwide network of qualified marine surveyors and Hazmat Experts. The focus of Varuna Marine is to provide professional, flexible and cost effective solutions tailored to clients’ requirements with particular focus on always delivering our services in line with high end of the industry standard. Please get in touch with us for all your survey requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inventory of Hazardous Materials Survey
Our core maritime survey team has evolved over years of experience to offer IHM survey. Our Hazmat experts brings together a strong track record in maritime sector and understands the industry needs better than our counterparts who have simply diversified from onshore hazardous material experience into the marine market.Our IHM inspection takes place on a completely digital platform from the beginning and can be updated on regular basis to keep it compliant to cover the full life cycle of the ship.
Our digital approach offers significant cost saving by reducing the time needed to complete the on board survey. Digital platform can be accessed through web browser and mobile app.
New vessels flying the flag of an EU member state are required to have on board a certified IHM (Inventory Hazardous Material) starting 31 December 2018. This means that vessels with building contracts signed after this date shall have the IHM certificate in the specifications.
All EU-flagged vessels to be recycled after 31 December 2018 will be required to have a Ready for Recycling Certificate, which means, among others, these vessels shall only be sent to recycling facilities included in the European List of Ship Recycling Facilities (EU List).
For vessels in operation and flying the flag of an EU member state, the certified IHM is required starting 31 December 2020.
It should be noted that the EU SRR also affects non-EU-flagged vessels, since vessels flying a third-country flag (non-EU flag) calling at a port or anchorage of an EU member state shall have a certified IHM starting 31 December 2020.
How to maintain the IHM
An IHM maintenance procedure should be implemented, including the assignment of a qualified designated person whose duties should be incorporated in the ship owner’s quality management system. An example of such a procedure can be provided by VMS upon request.
If any non-identical or new machinery or equipment is added to, removed or replaced, or the hull coating is renewed, the IHM must be updated by collection of suppliers’ declarations. Please note that loosely fitted equipment and spare parts are not covered by IHM Part I.
The IHM certification process
The IHM certification process can be summarized as follows: IHM preparation –> Document approval by class –> Class survey –> Certificate issuance.
The shipowner may contract a competent third-party company to prepare the IHM, which involves document collection, on-board sampling check, and laboratory analysis.
- Flag State Inspection : Surveyors at Varuna Marine are approved by various flag administrations for conducting Pre-registration, Initial, Annual and Special inspections including Provisional registration of vessels. Through our in house quality control team and support of our global network we can provide timely and cost efficient Flag State Inspections.
- P& I correspondence : With our worldwide network of well qualified surveyors we work with various P&I clubs to make attendance related to below areas:
- Damage to Ship (Tankers, Bulkers & Container Ships).
- Damage to Cargo (Liquid Cargo, Dry Cargo & Air Cargo).
- Ships Collision.
- Underwater survey.
- Charterers Liability.
- Stevedore damage
- Hull & Machinery
- Tanker Vetting: Varuna Marine has a team of dedicated and vastly experienced consultants, all of whom are experienced Master Mariners or First Class Engineers (Chief Engineers) and are accredited by the OCIMF and CDI to inspect oil, chemical and gas tankers & terminals under the SIRE and CDI programmes.
- Cargo Superintendency: Varuna Marine has the expertise to supervise cargo handling in below sectors:
- Oil, Gas and Chemical
- Heavy Lift and Project Cargo
- Dry Bulk
- Food and Perishables
- Documentation , Manuals and Plans: Varuna Marine team can provide our expert assistance with evaluating, updating, creating documents, process and manuals in line with IMO regulations.
- Ship Registration: We are authorized with various flag state administrations which allows us to provide ship registration service on their behalf. We will ensure that the registration process is handled without undue delays in close liaison with vessel owner. In connection with the registration we can also assist vessel owners in obtaining the necessary statutory ship safety certificates. Moreover, we can assist clients in establishing offshore corporations to act as the official owner of a vessel. Please contact us for further information.
- Yachts Survey: Varuna Marine offers focused surveying services to the specialist large yacht market with the capability to deal with the entire range of yacht sizes, from the semi-custom 24m-45m, through to the full custom 45m-70m and the unique 70m-160m segment.
Sustainable Shipping Certification
Taking our pledge to sustainability further, we have partnered with Friend of the Sea. Our surveyors will be auditing vessels, shipping companies and logistics managers interested in achieving Sustainable Shipping certification.
Certification requirements cover pollution prevention to fuel efficiency, waste management and working conditions including child and forced labor. Audited vessels are forbidden from flying a flag of convenience, carrying any endangered species, dolphin-unsafe tuna or more in general seafood fished or transshipped illegally.
We provide a comprehensive naval architecture and marine engineering service over the entire ship lifecycle from new building, through conversions, upgrades and refits to final disposal. Projects range from complete vessel design, preparation of class approval drawing packages, through to the preparation of complete detailed production engineering solutions for shipyards. Our worldwide client list includes owners and operators, cargo interests, insurance and legal firms, ship yards, banks and ship financiers, and government agencies. For technical inquiries please write to us at email@example.com.
Onboard Repair, Maintenance and Installation
We offers complex repair and installation turnkey solutions, combining engineering and project management capabilities, which lead to substantial savings for Owners. afloat repairs, maintenance and installations on a worldwide basis utilizing its combined engineering and project management capabilities.
We are committed to always provide our clients with:
- Highly skilled, trained, and motivated man power sourced worldwide with commitment to do a good job on time and on budget.
- Quality – consistently improving to offer the highest quality.
- Cost effective service, planning, and consultation.
- Understanding and attention to our principals’ priorities and best interests.
- High standard of safety.
- 24hrs on call and speedy communications.
- Staff who place the highest priority on environment protection.
- Many years’ experience in voyage and port repairs on all types of ships and marine installations.